Metal halide light as a UV sterlizer?

five.five-six

so.. I am running through my supply of N95 masks and I'm thinking of ways to reuse them. washing them is out because it will make the pore size larger, same with alcohol, Lysol, bleach etc.

I had considered adapting my Or generator to make an ozone box but that will quickly degrade the plastics and this whole thing is going to continue for months.

My latest thought is to use either a SE lamp pr remove the outer envelope (uv filter) from a SE lamp and expose the masks to the light 10 min on each side.

My problem is that I have absolutely no idea what dosage that would be :(

I know that in a few days or less, a haide lamp with no UV filter will kill any coral it reaches but how long for a corona virus?

There was a news story on cleaning them in a chamber with a peroxide spray then drying them. Thousands @ a time. The peroxide was more than 3% though.

Battelle in Columbus got FDA CDC approval to use vaporized H2O2 a few days ago. They are shipping units to the hardest hit areas now

Supposedly midday sunlight kills the virus in 3 minutes. So if you are using MH probably about the same time. But I wouldn't just because taking off the outer envelope doesn't sound too safe.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back