MH doubts

zoanutty

I recently purchased a gutted 72" coralife fixture with 3 x 150w de mh, and 2 T5 (4 x 36" bulbs). The guy who sold it to me said he didn't know the age of any of the bulbs. Today I got to installing it and measured the par on it. At 18" above the water it is a disappointing 50 par an inch from the the surface of the water with all bulbs turned on. I have never used 150w mh before, but I am assuming it is the age of the bulbs causing that par to be so low, right? In contrast, I have a 250w mogul with a well used Radium bulb running on an electric ballast (coralife's are magnetic), and par is in the low 1000s at the same depth and height.

Also, I have been/am researching bulbs to replace the ones on there (ushio 20k), and I'm considering Radiums because I love the blue look, but at $75 a pop I am shy to pull the trigger on 3. Are there any other comparable bulbs out there that will give me a similar blue look and the higher par?

Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yes.get new bulbs. Phoenix 14ks even bluer than radium but still $$.
I have used plus rite in the past and was not overly dissappointed. They are like 15$ per bulb

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back