Microbubbles stuck to LR?

Vapour1ze

I'm an Addict.
The past like 5 days they've been getting worse I literally have like microbubbles stuck to my LR in the display,,, nothing that should have caused it... any ideas?
 

greenbean36191

Premium Member
Have a look for them when the lights are on and off. I'd almost bet they're only there when the lights are on (or shortly after they turn off). Usually these are oxygen bubbles from algae on the rocks. When photosynthetic oxygen is being produced faster than it can dissolve into the water you get bubbles forming on the surface.

I suspect within a few days you'll start to notice visible signs of algae, if you haven't already.
 

CAMAKAZY

New member
I am having a similar problem and have already been getting algae growth on the rocks. Thing is, it's only on a few rocks mid-level of the tank. Is there anything I could be doing to reduce the bubbles and algae.
 

Gdevine

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14209192#post14209192 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CAMAKAZY
I am having a similar problem and have already been getting algae growth on the rocks. Thing is, it's only on a few rocks mid-level of the tank. Is there anything I could be doing to reduce the bubbles and algae.

Algae for the most part is caused by:

1. Poor lighting
2. Poor water quality
3. Excessive nutrients (over feeding)
4. Something new to the tank (like new live rock)

You can correct all of the above, skim aggressive, syphon the rock clean with each WC and blow them off in between.
 

Vapour1ze

I'm an Addict.
....lol, phosban reactor helps a lot too, had zero algae last week. now my sands turning brown. 2 month old tank,,, no idea =/
 
Top