Millepora growth

schigara

I was just looking through some of my old pics and was surprised by the color change and growth of my Blue Millepora.

I got it back on December 1st and it was kinda thinly branched and light blue and the pic from February 14 shows a major color change and growth in thickness and so much that the typical chutes of a Mille are no longer present.

274901095_T96xE-L.jpg

274901150_fexWE-L.jpg

I would start dosing some type of carbon source to reduce nutrients. I use zeo start. 1ml a day per 100 gals.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12259361#post12259361 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by toothman
I would start dosing some type of carbon source to reduce nutrients. I use zeo start. 1ml a day per 100 gals.

Why? The now picture of the coral looks much healthier and the color is excellent. The Mille in the before picture looks slightly bleached or lacking nutrients giving it a pale color.

I say keep doing what you are doing. It looks great. :)

Do you mean because of the hair algae on the rock in the second pic?

If so, the 2nd pic was Feb 14th. The HA has since been remedied

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12259361#post12259361 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by toothman

Thanks BLKTANG and snorvich, I'll have to check into the Prostarta thing. My ID skills are not yet up to par.

Back