Milli, any special needed care for them?

delta410

I have a milli colony that isn't doing very good, I have other arco's and sps that are doing great though. Was wondering if any special care was needed for milli's. It's receding very slowly. I orignally thought it was because of low flow/low light, but most of the receding is from the center (mid way up) of the colony, and it's receding in rings around the branch. It's polpy's aren't fully out, if it's out at all.

Do milli's like more flow then the average sps? or light?

82 F
MH 10k, directly under, no signs of bleeching
NO3 and po4, don't know but it should be zero or close to zero.

I agree with the previous responses. My pink milli is at the very top and gets strong random flow. Its trippled in size in about the last 6 to 8 months.

delta you might want to post some pics of the coral. I'm wondering if it has some sort of parasite; can you see anything crawling around on it?

mllle's are favorites for AEFW's thats always the first place I found them even when number were really low.

What are AEFW's?

If it's something you can see clearly, I don't have any of those.
The only thing I have nesting in the colony is a little white crab. The colony is about 30% dead now, and I've pretty much given up hope. It hasn't extended it's polpys out once since I got it. I've fragged a bunch of branchs when I just got the colony, and all of them are doing the same.

I don't see the crab doing anything, all it's doing is picking at the dead branchs.

If any of the frags I took from it was doing well, or atleast extending out it's polpys, then I would suspect something on the colony. I got this from a store the first day of their shipment, should of left it there a few days to check out the condition I guess.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7341152#post7341152 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by delta410
What are AEFW's?

If it's something you can see clearly, I don't have any of those.
The only thing I have nesting in the colony is a little white crab. The colony is about 30% dead now, and I've pretty much given up hope. It hasn't extended it's polpys out once since I got it. I've fragged a bunch of branchs when I just got the colony, and all of them are doing the same.

Acro eating flatworms........Take the colony and blow it off in front of a powerhead while turning it . If you have any one or 2 will come off.

Back