Mojano

MobileLightning

Ive battled these things for 4 years. Ive tried everything. The tank is too deep and wide to kalk, scald them, etc.. Ive tried the bi-colored angel, green filefish, and Kneini butterfly. I will say the Kleini did nip at them.

I'm almost to the point of throwing a raccoon in there. Dont know....as he will kill evything else.

I did ask my LFS to order 4 Kleini butterflies (since he did work the best). Will try that first.

The tank has over 3000lbs of live rock. 1000+ gal of water..and there are culprits that I will never reach.

Any other suggestions that will eat Mojano and not wipe out the reef?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Matted File Fish has worked for me. My first one cleaned it up, he (she) died, Majanos came back, got a new file fish majanos gone.
Butterfly shrimp might work

Not necessarily recommending these but I had a Muelleri Copperband Butterfly that totally kept Mojano (and Aiptasia) in check for several years. Never touched anything else I kept. And I have a large tank with a pretty severe infestation.

Mojano

A Majano wand works wonders if you can reach them....It's the best thing to have which can eliminate pest anemones and even pest corals. I believe Marine Depot sells it.

But given your tank size i don't think it's an option

Back