May- Tour of Sue's system in Litchfield
June- Tour of Rick's system & handcrafted Enlish stye pub in Standish
July- Greg Hiller
Aug- Field trip to Boothbay
September-
November-
December-

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I will be using this thread to book us a meeting place for those months where we have no volunteer...
:D
Laurie

How about Aug for the trip to the beach to collect shrimp etc... the waters should be tolerable by then ;)

Denise

That would be cool! We could also make that the second frag/gift cert auction, imo and head to the beach after.

Laurie

Is there a host for the maxi jet mod March meet? I know I mentioned a month somewhere, is that the one? If so, I am looking at MAR 4 for a date....

Denise

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9094603#post9094603 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hedonist
Is there a host for the maxi jet mod March meet? I know I mentioned a month somewhere, is that the one? If so, I am looking at MAR 4 for a date....

Denise

Yes, I think it was. Are you thinking about hosting it?

Laurie

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9097524#post9097524 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by icy1155
I might be able to get you UNE for a month if you would be interested in coming down this way.

Thanks Bellamy! We may very well do that one month then!
As a matter of fact, would you like to host a meeting there one month?
Laurie

Ill talk to the people in charge of the Marine Science Center and see if i can get permission to have the meeting there and get access to all of the labs so i can show you around... ill get back to ya on the month.

That sounds like FUN!
Laurie

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9107191#post9107191 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by icy1155
Ill talk to the people in charge of the Marine Science Center and see if i can get permission to have the meeting there and get access to all of the labs so i can show you around... ill get back to ya on the month.

I might be able to do February meet, if people don't mind driving so far. I'm 1.5 hrs from Portland and 1.25 from Bangor, so not easy for anyone. Several said at Sunday's meeting that they'd like to see my new 180, and I guess the easiest way to do that is host a meet. The tank isn't done yet, so March would be better on that score, but someone else has that month. I know that there would be no way to park the volume of people that came to Matt's, but I'm pretty sure that volume wouldn't come, since the extra volume was caused by the frag auction. I probably can't get more than 6 cars in here, so car pooling would definitely help. Let me know if there is any interest.
Wynne

That sounds great Wynne! I love big tanks. You need any macro? What day were you thinking of that is good for you?
Laurie

AFAIK, nothing is set is stone Wynne.... if people can wait for the MJ mod, we can do your tour in MAR.... I am open to suggestions and input!

Denise

The part I was hoping to get done before people came is sound-deadening foam in the cabinet. We are really bothered by the noise of the pumps, and I know I"m not alone in that regard. So we ordered a product called Whispermat to line as much of the cabinet as we can. Unfortunately, the fit of the equipment in there is so tight that not all of the cabinet can be accessed, so I don't know how much it will help, but if it does, I thought folks might be curious to see it/hear it. But an even higher priority than that (because I'm hauling water in buckets) is to get the RO and salt bins in the basement pumped to the upstairs so that water changes can happen more easily. So probably two weekends for the water, at least one weekend for the accoustics and we're at the last weekend in February, with the Mar meet tentatively in mid-month at Denise's. If the sound deadening part doesn't matter, then I could be ready sooner--say, the weekend of the 17-18. Whatever folks want to do. I think the MJ mod was a popular topic, so I don't think people will want Denise to postpone the Mar meet. OPen to any suggestions!
Wynne

You know Wynne, what if we came to help you do it??? Lots of folks would prob like to see it happen to see if they want to do it to theirs also, I bet... Plus we get to see your tank. But really, it is what ever makes you the more comfortable!
Laurie

Wynne, I think Laurie's idea is great. You could get extra help and the rest of us could see(hear) the results to see if we want to do it. Noise is a problem for all of us. Maybe the maxi-jet mod could be moved to Feb and you could host the March meet. Just a thought. See you soon. Sue

Feb is not good for me and we will need a head count to see how many people will want to order the mod parts....it will take time to get that organized...MAR 4th weekend or the 24th weekend,
either should work for me

Denise

Back