montipora cap growth

Chondro 5

I got this montipora cap frag a month ago and it was perfectly flat when I got it and since then all the new growth has been curling down. Isn't it supposed to grow straight or upwards? Do I have it too close to the lights?

Attachments

• DSC02146.jpg
    DSC02146.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0

Fish_wiz2

Mangroves are kool.
Its fine, i've found caps to grow in all directions. I find it kinda light though so if im right and its not the pic, you should blast it with more light. Wiz ;)

RedTC

I have a piece like that. When it was first added it dipped down just like your picture then it evened out, but it has been growing like crazy so I didn't think much of it. What kind of lighting do you have?

Chondro 5

My camera takes horrible tank shots so the cap looks totally washed out, but in reality it's very red. I've got it in a 38 gallon tank with (2) 65 watt 50/50 pc lights and a 150 watt 14k halide (diy combo light fixture). It's about 10" from the light so that's why I thought it was perhaps too close.

Fish_wiz2

Mangroves are kool.
Na your fine, mine are within 4 inches and just does really well except my orange as it RTN'ed for some reason.