montipora cap growth

Chondro 5

I got this montipora cap frag a month ago and it was perfectly flat when I got it and since then all the new growth has been curling down. Isn't it supposed to grow straight or upwards? Do I have it too close to the lights?

Attachments

• DSC02146.jpg
    DSC02146.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
Its fine, i've found caps to grow in all directions. I find it kinda light though so if im right and its not the pic, you should blast it with more light. Wiz ;)

I have a piece like that. When it was first added it dipped down just like your picture then it evened out, but it has been growing like crazy so I didn't think much of it. What kind of lighting do you have?

My camera takes horrible tank shots so the cap looks totally washed out, but in reality it's very red. I've got it in a 38 gallon tank with (2) 65 watt 50/50 pc lights and a 150 watt 14k halide (diy combo light fixture). It's about 10" from the light so that's why I thought it was perhaps too close.

Na your fine, mine are within 4 inches and just does really well except my orange as it RTN'ed for some reason.

Back