Moonlights.

RoGeTa

Just about the coolest thing I have ever added to my tank! They aren't currently hooked up (they are just hanging in the doors lol) so I haven't any pictures yet.

I like mine too. It adds a whole other aspect to the tank for you to watch. It's when my moonlights are on that my cleaner shrimp and Pajama Cardinalfish are the most active. It's cool to watch the Cardinals, because during the day they just kind of sit still hovering like they're stuck in transparent Jell-o!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I also think that it's cool your Dad helps you so much; like with the building of the stand and canopy and such. Father/Son projects are priceless! (I know what a cliche' this is, but it's really true. You'll look back and smile about it later on!)

I'm quite partial to the Lunar Links myself. I like the moon white, and the shimmer is like that of real moonlight. It really adds to the pleasure of buying when you can buy stuff you know is nocturnal and actually enjoy seeing it come out. ;)

Leigh, the moonlights make the Tuxedo SeaUrchin really shine a beautiful blue color!!!! I will try and take pics of it!

-Dustin

The only nocturnal thing I have in the tank that I put there on purpose is a Fighting Conch. Actually, I'm not sure if it is nocturnal, but night time is the only time I see it lol I really need to get some reference books for this hobby :S The lunar links that you are talking about are the ones I have. White, as well, in fact. Have you ever tried the blue? I have two white right now, and I was thinking of adding one blue one to angle across the whole tank and get some of color actinics give. But, I also don't want to make it too bright. It is only a 4 foot tank.

I have the blue links; (2) duals and I love them! I have them mounted under my canopy lid towards the front of the tank. This way, the rocks stay almost black for the sleeping fishies and the moonlights really make the sand shimmer like Leigh was talking about.
(Sorry. A little long winded but I'm bored!):lol:

THanks for the info! It is ok though, there isn't a whole lot to do at 5 in the morning ;) Do they give the corals an actinic look by any chance?

So, not to steal the thread, but between the white moon lights and blue moonlights, which do ya'll seem to think look bettter? I've got the blue ones on a couple tanks, but never seen a white moonlight going in person.

I haven't seen the blue, but I love the white. To me, it looks identical to real moonlight.

I have only used the blue, but by the way that they shimmer, I can imagine that the white looks awesome.

The blues do have an actinic look with certain things. They make the Green Star Polyps and my toadstools look alien-like...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9893880#post9893880 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by papagimp
So, not to steal the thread, but between the white moon lights and blue moonlights, which do ya'll seem to think look bettter? I've got the blue ones on a couple tanks, but never seen a white moonlight going in person.

White takes my vote:D

Back