Moorish Idol at Global Aquatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Global isn't the only store around that's doing this. There is another store I can't mention that does wholesale as well...... shady business

customers getting better prices than a store? shady? unethical? He's what kills this hobby? Are you kidding? Can you say "scapegoat"??
You show me a wholesaler that doesn't sell to the public & I'll show you a liar.
Look, folks, if you're interested in the best quality livestock at some of the best prices you can find, contact Global. If you want to whine & cry & slander, go find some jr.high kids to gossip with!

customers getting better prices than a store? shady? unethical? He's what kills this hobby? Are you kidding? Can you say "scapegoat"??
You show me a wholesaler that doesn't sell to the public & I'll show you a liar.
Look, folks, if you're interested in the best quality livestock at some of the best prices you can find, contact Global. If you want to whine & cry & slander, go find some jr.high kids to gossip with!

Of course real mature and "Honest" of you I shall say?! That's why you have to use 2 or 3 or who knows how many usernames to run around here, huh?!

Ok so Tom-B is one in the same as bthomas right? Who's gman? He sounds like a store too...

These antics seem rather pathetic on Global's part to be honest.... Bob must make a pretty good buck by selling to the general public if he's defending it so much on here.

So you are saying its not right but everyone does it so now its ok.... the problem is you are selling wholesale to lfs then taking their business by selling to the public on the side. So you make the wholesale money and then instead of people going to the lfs to buy what you just sold at wholesale they go to you and you make even more money than you would at wholesale. Read what you just posted and then tell me that's not shady or unethical. Ur taking business away from the stores u wholesale to........ I'm really not sure what u aren't understanding here its really pretty simple to understand.

Sounds like the system is at fault. don't hate the player hate the game.

When someone knowingly is playing the game that's shady business. If you want to support them then more power to ya. At least you unlike that bob dude realizes what's going on. I'm sure if the places he sells to wholesale found out they wouldn't be buying from him any longer

im sure they all know. at least now they do. I go there one in a great while. they are pretty nice guys. i dont want to jump in the fight but think about this. All if not most of the reefers i know are always up for buying from wholesalers or getting wholesale prices. buying clowns from ORA for instance. They provide to the clowns to store and also to people.

Last edited:
When someone knowingly is playing the game that's shady business. If you want to support them then more power to ya. At least you unlike that bob dude realizes what's going on. I'm sure if the places he sells to wholesale found out they wouldn't be buying from him any longer

He told me he lost a lot of wholesale business as a result. Pretty much everyone here knows so I am sure all his customers know too. I guess i wont be going there for awhile, but i doubt i will be going to LFS either. Liveaquaria here I come. This is why i do not fully agree with your assessment. In my case, GA did not take much business away from LFS. It was just more convenient than Liveaquaria.

And there are actually people who get mad and wonder why certain stores cant get mentioned ?!?!? This is EXACTLY why.

You know how I know what stores to visit and give my business??? When the owners are allowed on this site because they're not shilling, bickering, and throwing other places under the bus.

No I'm not a a lfs. I am a custom electronics installer who buys electonics wholesale. I would not buy from a company if they sold to the public also at my cost. How could a small business survive when a supplier is stealing their business. Its hard enough to compete against other stores and online retailers, but now your wholesaler. How can anybody not see that is wrong.

its amazing how many guys on RC speak in 3rd person. Lots of stores prowling looking for customers & badmouthing each other!

Both shilling, and one store bashing another is pretty tacky and not appreciated here!

How could it possibly be ethical to sell wholesale and to the public? I would never buy from someone that supplies me than sells to my customers at a lower price. What a POS. This is what kills your local businesses when people do back door deals like this. BTW Tom b heroe, I mean Bob or whatever other screen name you use for global aquatics. I know what your doing and its wrong. Some people might be getting a good deal, but it's at the expense of their local store. So reefers if your sad to see stores closing, stop buying from him. He's what kills this hobby.

I go with my friend to Utah and pick up fish, we buy wholesale from a couple of LFS's. Many places do both, they just don't advertise it.

And there are actually people who get mad and wonder why certain stores cant get mentioned ?!?!? This is EXACTLY why.

You know how I know what stores to visit and give my business??? When the owners are allowed on this site because they're not shilling, bickering, and throwing other places under the bus.

Exactly right. Are stores unable to rely on good business that they have to shill here? This is a hobby BB, not a storefront.

Anyone affiliated with a business is NOT allowed to post in a thread concerning that business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back