Moorish Idol at Global Aquatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonict72

They have really great looking Moorish Idol for sale. They have 3 about 5-6 inches or so and the fish are apparently eating clams. They looked very healthy to me. I was so tempted to buy one. They are $72 each. Also they are selling 50 snails and hermit crabs for $20. I could not pass that up and they are busy cleaning my tank now. :p.

$72 for a moorish idol is way up there, last time i payed attention to the price it was half that and some places even cheaper, the cleanup crew package sounds great.

40 for a small one and 60 for a medium from online prices,still a bit high,I guess is to compensate for shipping prices.

It is extremely difficult to find healthy ones that eat in captivity. And these apparently eat and their coloration is gorgeous. And they are the biggest ones that i have ever seen. Some fish are not meant for home aquariums but there is a reason why so many people want Moorish Idols.

They say they eating but once they put food no one eats. Thats a lot for an idol considering they are a wholesaler too. They used to have great prices on everything now you can get somethings cheaper at your local pet store.

They say they eating but once they put food no one eats. Thats a lot for an idol considering they are a wholesaler too. They used to have great prices on everything now you can get somethings cheaper at your local pet store.

I was in a bit of a hurry so i did not ask them to put food in the tank. But i have a reason to believe at least one is eating. It was in the nonmedicated tank meaning they had it for at least two weeks. It was active and fat. Also, i still find this store to be cheaper than any other place. Where else can you find peppermint shrimp for $4, cleaner for $12, 50 snails for $20, yellow tang for $20, hippo tang for $30? Liveaquaria and some internet shops, but not local.

They are always open to the public on Saturdays. Keep in mind that you are not getting wholesale prices. But it is still pretty cheap. They do not have great variety. But they have a lot of fish. For example, they have hundreds of yellow tangs right now.

I haven't been there is a while but I didn't think it was all that great. His prices were OK but I just found it very small. I was expecting some place like International Seaboard..... man i miss that place.

Where was International Seaboard located?

It was on Carnation Street in Franklin Park. Not far from Irving Park Rd. and Mannheim i believe. They were there for a long time and then sold it and the new owners had No idea what they were doing and it went under. I'd be curious what happened to all the tanks/equipment they had.

International Seaboard ... now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.. Man did they have rows of tanks... Them and wilson were the only saltwater wholesalers in the area.

International Seaboard ... now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.. Man did they have rows of tanks... Them and wilson were the only saltwater wholesalers in the area.

Is/was Wilson in Northlake? I remember going to a wholesaler for drygoods and they did have freshwater but no Saltwater. We used to go to Great Lakes pet supply for Dry goods but I believe they got bought out by Wilson. This is all going back about 15 to 20 years ago.... maybe even more.

dude... 22 years for me... wilson did have some salt that I remember and a few reptiles... great lakes... bird haven.. There was a place that we used to get our black worms from... started with a A.. it was a small place....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back