Mo's 1000G SPS Tank

Moser

TankThread1395_zpsfcygu2i4.jpg

6ftx8ftx3ft

Currently using ATI Hybrid Lights and the Aquaforest system.
They are working extremely well for me.

Please excuse the fish trap. After 4 years, my copperband has decided to eat some scans whilst I was away.
Going to catch him for the sin bin!

Cheers
Mo

Last edited:
Spectacular!! Details please!

I have not heard of the Aquaforest system. Is is trace elements and carbon? How have your corals reacted to it?

I am also interested in your opinion of the ATI T5/LED combo for a deep tank like yours. How much coverage to you have, what tubes are you using, how much power do you run to the leds, what is your light period and how high have you hung the fixtures above water line? (Sorry for so many, but you clearly are doing everything right!)

Art

The Aquaforest system comprises bacterial/ carbon source dosing- like prodibio. Element dosing like Zeo, but simpler and clear what you are dosing. Also, food/ amino/ vitamin sources and some elements- e.g. K, I, St, Fl, etc. There is also a probiotic salt for water changes. It's a great system and much cheaper to run than other similar systems.

The Hybrids are here

TankThread1393_zps74b9aedd.jpg

There are six fixtures, covering the tank.
I have them 10" above the water. I would have liked them higher, for maintenance reasons, but that's as high as I can get them.

I run Blue and Royal Blue/ Violet LEDs ramping up to 35% only. They run from 10AM to 11pm.

I run 2 ATI Actinic, 1 Coral+, 1 Aq Blue Special, 1 Purple Plus and 3 Blue+ tubes per fixture. They run for 8 hours, but currently at 80%. I am ramping them up to 100% slowly.

Mo

Thanks. How long have you been using the aqua forest products and have you noticed any changes in your corals? Where doe you keep your nitrate phosphate and alk with that system?

Absolutely amazing! You've had some great growth since the last pics I've seen. Your colors look outstanding too. Beautiful stuff Mo!

Wow, beautiful tank and nice large colonies! I love the dimensions. How long have you had the tank up and running?

Wow it really does look something u would see on discovery channel, it's like having the sea In your own home , congratulations on your success

Back