Moving new tank

Elijahh

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a one year old cade 600 s2 reef tank, it is currently up and running with fish and corals. I live approx 45mins from where the tank is currently located and are pretty confident with moving it. But should I keep the current sand bed or replace it with new sand? Or 50/50 old new?
Also how much of the old tank water should I reuse, all, 50/50 old new?
Thanks

The general consensus is to either use new sand or rinse the old sand very thoroughly. When I bought my 65, I rinsed the sand thoroughly and then ended up adding about 25lbs more.

I used as much of the old water as possible to keep parameters as stable as possible. I hope this helps

The general consensus is to either use new sand or rinse the old sand very thoroughly. When I bought my 65, I rinsed the sand thoroughly and then ended up adding about 25lbs more.

I used as much of the old water as possible to keep parameters as stable as possible. I hope this helps
This 100%.

Even though I agree with the above, and just to be a total stick in the mud (or sand), I'll take an opposing view: Are you 100 percent certain the current owner has excellent skills and has kept the sand in really good shape? Rinsing in my view works fine, but it's one more thing to haul around. Why not start out with your own well-sourced sand bed?

I know these aren't strong arguments; just looking at all the pros/cons.

The advertising for those tanks appears to show a really cool system. Good luck!

Even though I agree with the above, and just to be a total stick in the mud (or sand), I'll take an opposing view: Are you 100 percent certain the current owner has excellent skills and has kept the sand in really good shape? Rinsing in my view works fine, but it's one more thing to haul around. Why not start out with your own well-sourced sand bed?

I know these aren't strong arguments; just looking at all the pros/cons.

The advertising for those tanks appears to show a really cool system. Good luck!
Can’t disagree here. In my 36 years in the hobby, I’ve always said there is no, “right” way to do things. There are multiple correct ways😉

Back