Mozzie clogging on skimmer

sergifed91

I was having problems with the mozzie clogging on my skimmer. I run the airline from skimmer to the outside of the house. So what I did was since tops my pH tops at 8 to 8.1 ppm. I got two t connectors and split my ato line one to the mozzie T and to my return pump chamber. Then the outside line connected to the T that on the mozzie. Just did it this evening. Not sure if it will work but waiting for the results..

I was having problems with the mozzie clogging on my skimmer. I run the airline from skimmer to the outside of the house. So what I did was since tops my pH tops at 8 to 8.1 ppm. I got two t connectors and split my ato line one to the mozzie T and to my return pump chamber. Then the outside line connected to the T that on the mozzie. Just did it this evening. Not sure if it will work but waiting for the results..
I'm guessing a mozzie is the venturi? Are you saying your ato water now will get sucked through the venturi to flush it out?

I think he means Mazzei venturi and is maybe a Lifereef skimmer since they have used them.
I had one of those and they clog pretty regularly. They eventually calcium up on all skimmers though but for me it was pretty often on my Lifereef skimmer. They will need to be cleaned regularly for best performance..

As for connecting it to outside air it will most likely happen more, I mean something like a bug can get in there too.
When I did it I found this little filter that goes on the end and I filled it with filter floss to act as a filter. It was much wider than the air line too so it did not restrict the air much. You could easily make something.

If it has to be cleaned the best way I have found is a drill bit the right size twisted between the fingers.
Comes out like new!

Though I still cleaned it if I was cleaning my skimmer, I don't recall ever seeing buildup on a Venturi after running my ATO through it. I think you'll be happy with the setup. I used it on a Lifereef with stock Venturi, then a Mazzei, then on a Bashsea with Beckett injector.

Though I still cleaned it if I was cleaning my skimmer, I don't recall ever seeing buildup on a Venturi after running my ATO through it. I think you'll be happy with the setup. I used it on a Lifereef with stock Venturi, then a Mazzei, then on a Bashsea with Beckett injector.
i had to take the lifereef offline. took it apart and cleaned it. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't tune it to make skim mate. i did a thorough cleaning. and i find it easier to tune it high then work my way done to where i want it. it's skimming now and working correctly. im i getting 8.2 8.3 for ph no. but i'll settle for 7.9 to 8.0 over 7.7 ppm for ph.

Back