mrs wags

thanks i will start with that and see what happens in 1 week after i top off the 3 gal i loose aweek in my open top 55

I have been using Mrs Wages for 6 months now and it works the same as any brand name stuff. I find at roughly one drip/sec in 100 gallons or at the rate of evaporation it raises my PH (.4) .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9855526#post9855526 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by customcolor
thanks i will start with that and see what happens in 1 week after i top off the 3 gal i loose aweek in my open top 55
Do you add the 3 gallons all at once?

When adding limewater, you need to do so slowly or you'll get a lot of precipitation. I have an auto topoff system that uses a peristalic pump to add my limewater; it works great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9855526#post9855526 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by customcolor

3 gal a week!!! i lose 3 every 2 days. and im sure there are people on here that lose 3 a day and more.

I live in the north woods of Wisconsin so my local Piggly Wiggly carries it. If you live in a city most people probably don't do alot of canning so it is not a popular item. I am pretty sure you can order it on line. I get it for like 3.89, and the same amount of Kent would be like $12 +.

For the record it's Mrs Wages. This thread has a typo in the name. If you walk in at ask for Mrs Wags you may get some inquisitive looks. :)

Spring has sprung. Both walmarts in my neck of the woods are stocking Mrs Wages Pickling Lime again. Its in the section with all the other canning stuff like mason jars.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9865269#post9865269 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chesapeake
where did you find the MRS.Wags?

you can google it. i found mine online, and ordered a case of it. slight discount, and i'm splitting it with someone. should last a looooooong time.....

If there are Krogers in your area they should carry it, pickling lime AKA Calcium Hydroxide.

Back