MTC MVX Skimmer Review

They should route the airline to the top of the skimmer cup like Life Reef does, to draw humid air into the venturi. Keeps it from clogging with salt and needing to be clean.
12.gif
1xpjb

It's been about six months since my last report so here's an update:
no surprises, no change in output or consistency. No random overflowing and no microbubbles.

Nice to hear this skimmer is on my short list for my next skimmer change. I am looking for a skimmer that can process more water than my venturi.

Twice I heard kind of a whistle sound and just put the air line into a glass of water to clean it. I never saw a decrease in bubbles though.

Which venturi skimmer do you have?

Which venturi skimmer do you have?

What venturi skimmer are you currently using?

:facepalm: Sorry my bad I have a needle wheel skimmer Vertex 150, I also have a I-Tech 200 and a H&S 150 external, and a Euro Reef CS180 I guess it is time to start selling skimmer.:lolspin:

:facepalm: Sorry my bad I have a needle wheel skimmer Vertex 150, I also have a I-Tech 200 and a H&S 150 external, and a Euro Reef CS180 I guess it is time to start selling skimmer.:lolspin:

I hear you. I recently finally sold off my SRO 3000, sea side ES2, bubble magus nac5e, and few other things just laying around collecting dust.

And I just ordered the MTC MVX 36" with quick change head. :bounce2:

Back