Multiple Eheim 2075s In One Tank

offshored

I'm about to purchase an Eheim 2075 for our 55 gallon tank...

My main question is, in the next year or so we plan on going to a 250-300 gallon tank. Can I then use this 2075 on one side of the tank, with another on the other side?

Any downsides to this? Seems like they would provide enough filtration when paired with a decent skimmer.

moondoggy4

Team RC
I take it this is a canister filter. Canister filters have fallen out of grace here I used to use two on a 55 gallon tank with a huge bioload back in the 80's. I did not have any problems with nitrates but I only had fish only no live rock deep sand bed and a under gravel filter. How bout just buying a HOB skimmer and a Next reef HOB media reactor until the up grade, cost about the same as two Eheims I believe sorry not familiar with the 2075's.

offshored

I take it this is a canister filter. Canister filters have fallen out of grace here I used to use two on a 55 gallon tank with a huge bioload back in the 80's. I did not have any problems with nitrates but I only had fish only no live rock deep sand bed and a under gravel filter. How bout just buying a HOB skimmer and a Next reef HOB media reactor until the up grade, cost about the same as two Eheims I believe sorry not familiar with the 2075's.

Already have an Aqua C Remora skimmer. I'm tired of the hang on the back filter though. VERY noisy and an eye sore. The 55 is in a pass through in our house, so visible from both side, the Remora is ok, but the filter is ugly.

Can pretty much hide a canister as well, which is good :beer:

moondoggy4

Team RC
Eheim's are the best IMO they are dead silent. They last forever one of mine is over 25 years old and still works, the other the impeller broke. I still use some of the original tubing also. Another good thing about the canister Hydor makes a heater that goes in line with the return tubing so you cut down on equipment in the tank.

reefjunkie42

Wrasse junkie
id skip it and go with a sump if your in for the long run in the hobby, will make everything easier and nicer, hide all equipment except Powerheads. a sump is really the way to go. Id go HOB and save for the 300... Oh and WELCOME to REEFCENTAL!!