Multiple Vortechs

TChristman

Premium Member
I currently run one Vortech on my 225 gallon tank and will be adding a second one. For those that run multiple vortechs are you running them in the same direction in sync or opposite directions anti-synch? Just curious as to the results you are having.

Thanks.

I helped set up the display at our local FS. Put them on random reefcrest anti sync. I have to believe, looking at the water's surface that the random flow is more beneficial. It's also more aesthetically pleasing with the softies IMO.

Unless you want to set up a gyre?? Which many reefers swear by.

Ive got 4 in my 220..I've tried all different combinations,the one im most happy with is lagoon mode and keeping them sycned..at first it pushed to much sand around even with the larger grade sands,so I bought some more rock and put them in different place thruout the sand and it seem to do the trick.

i have 2 in my 210.. i have them on opposite sides, not in sync mode, and i use them in the long pulse mode.... just me though. i like to play around with them so it will probably change next week....

I have 2 on my 225g. Anti sync and in reefcrest mode. One on each end .

022-3.jpg

Thanks for the responses. Has anyone tried them on the same side in a 6 foot tank? Thanks for the photo.

There was a link to a HUGE tank that had like 10 vortechs all on one end. I'm not sure where it is, but it's possible to do :)

I saw that tank. It was like 2200 gallons and must have had 10 of them one end. It may have been 12. I was just curious as to how two have performed in a 6 foot tank on the same side. I can always move them but I was just curious.

Back