muratic acid

nodak

Any suggestions on ph or water to muratic ratio to cook old LR?I have never used muratic acid to cook old rock before.I have used vinegar on small batches and worked well. This time I am cooking about 75 pounds in a 55 gallon Brute trash can. Suggestions appreciated.

Usually, we say add 1 part acid to 10 parts water, and then soak for 20-30 minutes. That seems like a reasonable protocol. Rock can be contaminated to varying depths, so there's some variability in the results, but I would start there.

Yes, I'd work outside, and wear goggles and acid-resistant gloves. Getting a splash of acid in the eyes could do a lot of damage.

What ever you do, DO NOT mixed them together. If you use bleach rinse well after. Bleach could help remove some organics.

Bleach might help with some organics, but the acid should be more than enough, in my opinion. Mixing bleach and acid in large quantities can be dangerous as it will produce chlorine gas, but a good rinse should solve that problem, if you choose to use bleach.

Back