Mushrooms falling off rocks

fleegle

Been reefing for 20yrs now , always have had REALY good luck with most mushrooms. Even have had soo many at a time was giving them away . I have them in all 3 of my tanks. Recently they have been falling off my rocks and slowly are less in numbers (all tanks) all breeds. Dont have fier or bristle worms that I can detect. Help please

First question is have you had any sudden light intensity changes or drastic changes in spectrum? Any drastic increases in flow? Both of these can cause 'Shrooms to detach since conditions may not be to their liking any more.

Another possibility is one I experienced lately, but in my case affected only Yumas. I brought in a wild Yuma to an established tank and it soon developed an infection on it's foot. Within a few weeks many of my Yumas lost their ability to stay on the live rocks. Some have recovered on the sand bed and are starting to reattach to gravel. Could be caused by a pathogen of some sort...

Maybe your water is cleaner than before? They seem to prefer slightly dirty water

And flow is a big reason they've skowly disappeared on my 180 reef

The flow,temp and light have stayed more or less the same. No change by ME. They are even detaching in my 8yr old nano , compac 50/50 lights & 1 breeder pair of gold bar maroon clowns. IM completely at a loss

I had something similar happen and it turned out to be alkalinity. My guess would be your alk is too low or you've been having swings that are dropping it, have you checked the levels?

And yes I did switch salts ,but long ago.I now use NeoMarine Havehad good luck with it (I think!)

Back