My 10 gallon macro nano

Wow, great job with that tank! It's very impressive.

I imagine you need to prune about once every week?

I basically prune only to keep the faster growing macros from over growing the slower growers. I need to get some of those stainless steel tools like the FW plant tank guys use, then I won't be sticking my hand in the tank so often.

Bruce

Here's a recent pic taken on Wednesday.

Attachments

• IMG_1211.5.jpg
    IMG_1211.5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
Wow, very cool BruceW. I'd like to hope that macroalgae will really start to come into its own in marine tanks in the next few years. There is so much potential for amazing displays like this one.

Also, I use my stainless steel tools probably more in my reef tank than I do in my freshwater tank. You should definitely get some long tweezers and scissors, they make a huge difference in maintenance.

After more then a year my tank was finally starting to look like a FW planted tank which was my goal all along. After this phase i decided to add some sexy shrimp and take out the pipefish as the female had disappeared.

Last pic is the current tank with the background plants removed as i plan to add some sargassum algae to give a color accent.

=========
how's your sargassum? any advice on how to stick it to live rock. I have one and I want to cut one stalk to put in another live rock. Can this survive if planted in the sand?

=========
how's your sargassum? any advice on how to stick it to live rock. I have one and I want to cut one stalk to put in another live rock. Can this survive if planted in the sand?

I have never gotten the sargassum because i'm working on a rimless 60 cube project. That has taken all my attension and all of my $$$$.

As far as i know Sargassum either is free floating or some varieties attach to rocks I do not know if they can grow in sand.

Bruce

Back