My 10 Gallon with Pics

slapshot16

10Gallon2.jpg

This is an early picture of my 10 gallon. More to follow.

I have about 12 pounds of live rock, 20 pounds of live sand, 100 gph powerhead, 50 watt heater, Whisper 3 filter with carbon and filter pad, 50/50 coralife 40 watt pc.

I have a blue damsel in there now. If I can catch him, I would like to add a firefish and a watchman goby. Contents: Blue damsel, Emerald crab, 4 snails, 3 little blue leg crabs, Green hairy mushroom and zoas. More picture to follow along with parameters.

Parameters: Ammonia: 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate: 20, PH: 8.2, Calcium: 420, Salinity: 1.022, temp: 76.

I do not test for anything else yet.

phytoplankton is what feather dusters eat on a small level, they filter it out of the water

but if you don't think its enough just supplement it

I am slowly raising the salinity to 1.025. 1.023 or so now.

My nitrates stay up. The LFS said it is probably the filter and any pads I have in it. He said that even without the filter pads, it can still increase nitrates if there is food stuff that stays in the chambers and decays.

I plan on removing the Whisper 3 filter and adding another powerhead. I will also add the fission skimmer that my friend gave me for $5.

Bi-weekly 3 gallon water changes. Hopefully this will keep things on track.

a word of caution... Do not overfeed the featherduster or you will get an algea bloom ! As long as your tank is mature your duster should do fine w/o adding anything, or very little, once a month or so.

Back