My 10g StartUp

PIPS

I have a 10g at the moment with a few FW fish (had it running for 2-3 months), Now i would like to turn it into a SW tank.

Heres what i have in mind

Coralife 20" 96 Watt Quad Aqualight

Current USA Lunar Light - Nocturnal Blue

Coralife Aqualight Mounting Legs-Black

Aquaclear 110 Power Filter (AC MOD)

Aquaclear Surface Skimmer

All-Glass Submersible Heater-50 Watt

and finally

Coralife Battery Operated Digital Thermometer

and can somebody recomend a Power Center (timer)

Reason why im ordering from Big Al's is because, Al's pricing is quite good, also i save a lot of money on shipping as he has everything i need.
What else do you guys suggest i shoud get with my order that i might need in the future.

Iv done my research (at least i think i have) lurking through various boards for days on end taking in much overwhelming information as i possibly can :spin1:

PIPS.

Looks pretty decent but if you could get an Aquaclear 500 and make it a reugium (Cheato and liverock rubble) you'd be better off. Also you will need approx 15-20lbs of livesand and 15-20lbs of Liverock.

If this is your first SW id recommend going bigger; 55+. I started with a 45g and then moved to a 15g nano and im glad i learned on the 45 cause the small problems i had w/ the 45g would kill my 15g.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6941920#post6941920 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by egdevilboy
Looks pretty decent but if you could get an Aquaclear 500 and make it a reugium (Cheato and liverock rubble) you'd be better off. Also you will need approx 15-20lbs of livesand and 15-20lbs

Thanks for the reply.

The AC500 was renamed AC110.
And making it a fuge thats what i ment when i said (AC MOD)

im thinking a i might add miracle mud along with the sand, rubble and cheato,

what are the pro's con's of miracle mud ?

PIPS.

thats the fixture i wanted at first, but i cant have the lights and the moon light on a digital timer as they use the same ballast.

Huh? I know it comes with 3 seprate cords...........1 for blue lights, 1 for daytime lights and 1 for the moon lights? what exactly is the problem?

Back