my 12" blonde naso died this morning

bullitr

broke but happy
i woke up and check my tank to find my blonde naso is dead why? i have 3 colony of acro with RTN but most of sps on the tank are thriving.i have the naso for a long time
new012.jpg

new006.jpg

Sorry to hear! I love my Naso, my favorite fish. Any signs of stress lately, or not eating? Who knows, could be a variety of things that caused it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15498944#post15498944 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TrojanScott
Sorry to hear! I love my Naso, my favorite fish. Any signs of stress lately, or not eating? Who knows, could be a variety of things that caused it.
its fat when it died.
no sign of ich and the naso is boss of the tank
maybe to big for my tank

awww i'm sorry to hear about your tang :( I hate hearing about fishes dying :( Such a pretty fish and a big one too! How long did you have it btw?

Sorry to hear. I had a very healthy Purple Tang pass on me last year and still baffled as to why he passed. He was fat and healthy, eat algae and NLS pellets the day before and everything.

Strange... .

I have a Blonde Naso that is about 12 inches, I wonder how old he is, they say there life span is 20 years, wonder if it is like Dog years???

I really doubt a 12" tang is too big for a 300. Well, I mean, it is too big, but not too big as to die over night because of it. It would have shown stress, stopped eating, ich, etc. Sorry to hear(again) about this, that was a beautiful fish. Maybe old age, maybe it spooked out and died suddenly, who knows.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15502637#post15502637 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gps
From the pix, your fish seemed to be underfed. That could have been one of the reasons....
the naso was too fat maybe but underfed?
i don't think so maybe the camera angle!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15502670#post15502670 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bullitr
the naso was too fat maybe but underfed?
i don't think so maybe the camera angle!

Oh, my comment was from looking at the bellies of your fish. The fish doesn't look very skinny but their bellies seemed not normally extend, that the signs of eating enough....

That could be the camera angle too!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15502681#post15502681 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gps
Oh, my comment was from looking at the bellies of your fish. The fish doesn't look very skinny but their bellies seemed not normally extend, that the signs of eating enough....

That could be the camera angle too!
you mean the first pic ? i don't think that is the belly sunken in!

Back