My 125 gallons tank

Ganzel

Here is my reef, hope you like it, you can check my videos here : http://www.youtube.com/user/ganael

aquarium-avril-2009.jpg

Thanks

Ganzel

Very nice job!!! Looks great. You sure have a lot of xinia! How many fish do you have in there?

Thanks for all the good comments! Here is the list of my fish, I will add some close up shots later on.

Tangs : Yellow, blue hyppo, sailfin desjardini.
Clowns : 2 black onyx (couple) 2 orange false percula (were once a couple)
11 blue chromis
2x twinspot goby
copperband butterfly
2 orange stripe cardinals

Ganzel

Here we go with some close-up shots:
Yellow monti with purple polyps :
monti.jpg

Candycane:
candy.jpg

Some nice zoos (if someone wants to tell me the exact name it would be nice)
zoos.jpg

Huge Elegant :
elegant.jpg

Tricolor accro :
accro.jpg

Some nice aussi acans I started from 1 tiny polyp from ebay.
acan.jpg

Procillopora I think, really not sure :
procillopora.jpg

More to come!

Cheers

Ganzel

Nice tank bro! like the bulb color! :thumbsup: but actually the sailfin tang is a regular not the desjardini/red sea one as they don't have yellow tails and have bright yellow strips (neon-like); i have the same one sold to me as a red sea until i was confronted by my buddy. tank still looks good though

Thanks for sharing. Nice looking tank and your tangs look very healthy. Love your yellow tang. Liked the mandarin hanging under your bridge work (top of the tank) toward the end of the clip. It was like he/she was weightless in space!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14832072#post14832072 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fish_wiz2
Nice tank bro! like the bulb color! :thumbsup: but actually the sailfin tang is a regular not the desjardini/red sea one as they don't have yellow tails and have bright yellow strips (neon-like); i have the same one sold to me as a red sea until i was confronted by my buddy. tank still looks good though

I thought it was a desjardini because of the yellow stripes and wrinkles on the body... Maybe this closer look will change your mind or maybe I'm dead wrong ;)

sailfin.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning! So natural and beautiful. The twin spot gobies are so sweet. That is one of the nicest hippo tangs I have seen.

You are wrong :( It is Zebrasoma veliferum. Do a google search.

Also you have black OCCELARIS clowns not onyx clowns. Just for reference the black ones are A. occelaris the onyx ones are A. percula. You are right about your false percula's but occelaris would probably be better name for those.

What do you mean they were once a couple btw? Were they spawning and now they aren't? If so you probably just need to feed them more.

Very nice tank though keep up the good work!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14834915#post14834915 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tcmfish
You are wrong :( It is Zebrasoma veliferum. Do a google search.

Oh well, it looks like I have been sold many fish with the wrong name! I noticed on the images on google the desjardinii doesn't have a yellow tail at all, so I guess this closes the debate...

Also you have black OCCELARIS clowns not onyx clowns. Just for reference the black ones are A. occelaris the onyx ones are A. percula. You are right about your false percula's but occelaris would probably be better name for those.

amen

What do you mean they were once a couple btw? Were they spawning and now they aren't? If so you probably just need to feed them more.

When I introduced the black occelaris clowns, they took over the orange's anemone. The little orange male went away but the female stayed there and as never moved since. So "she" hangs on the border of the black's territory and they don't seem to mind, even when they spawn eggs and all... They look almost like a threesome I guess...:p

Very nice tank though keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Back