My 240g FOWLR

You have a singular is right? How's it doing, I saw LA has them right now. Makes me watch dd a little closer when I know there is a potential box filler to get me to the free shipping.

You have a singular is right? How's it doing, I saw LA has them right now. Makes me watch dd a little closer when I know there is a potential box filler to get me to the free shipping.

He's great, actually. A much better option for my tank than the MI I gave away... Obviously doesn't have that amazing long dorsal, but the overall look is there.

He's great, actually. A much better option for my tank than the MI I gave away... Obviously doesn't have that amazing long dorsal, but the overall look is there.

The adult coloration is quite a bit different than that of a moorish idol right?

Could your idol just not compete for food?

The adult coloration is quite a bit different than that of a moorish idol right?

Could your idol just not compete for food?

Well, yeah, my point was just that the black white and yellow pennant type look is there... obviously MI's are much more attractive :) But the amount of food I had to throw in there to make sure he got enough was just getting out of hand.

Peter, would love to see a pic of your Singular, has it developed that almost carbon fiber look to it's side's yet?

Slowly getting there, but not quite yet... crappy pic, but you get the idea :)

17761043726_a30f2b637a_z.jpg

Great looking fish Peter!

Thank you!

Thanks for the video, everyone looks to be doing well.

Did I miss the mitratus?

Yup, thanks, the current crew is doing well. Removed a few.... marginalis (probably already listed that), muelleri... obviously fish that could not compete in a heavy stock. Mitratus is still there.... the burgessi HATES him... not sure what I'm going to do about that. :(

Thank you!

Yup, thanks, the current crew is doing well. Removed a few.... marginalis (probably already listed that), muelleri... obviously fish that could not compete in a heavy stock. Mitratus is still there.... the burgessi HATES him... not sure what I'm going to do about that. :(

Bummer on the Marginalis and Muelleri, just trade them in, or did you keep them in another tank?

You can send that Mitratus my way if you like, I've been looking for one for the better part of a year.

Man everything looks great! I see you decided to keep the fasciatus. It looks happy in there now. Your Mac seems to be growing up quite rapidly as well.

Bummer on the Marginalis and Muelleri, just trade them in, or did you keep them in another tank?

The muelleri actually died. He had this weird thing for well over a year, where he would keep his gills flared WIDE open all the time. Otherwise, acted normally. But obviously that was not normal, and I wonder if it contributed to the death, since he was fat and eating up until the day he just up and died.

Nice vid Peter! Everyone looks happy and healthy

Thanks I try to keep them looking good. I've been slacking on the water changes lately :eek:

Man everything looks great! I see you decided to keep the fasciatus. It looks happy in there now. Your Mac seems to be growing up quite rapidly as well.

Yes, I did! So you recall me complaining that he was always a dark color... looked like stress colors, and not the brilliant yellow you see in pictures. Never saw anyone harassing him, and he always ate well. The one day I noticed him just hiding in a cave... this went on, either in a cave or up in the top back corner of the tank, not eating, for weeks. Then one day he just started eating, and turned bright yellow. NO explanation, but I'm happy with the end result :)

Very nice as always Peter.
I've changed my 240 over to fish only recently as well.

Thanks! Oh really?? Do tell, what's going in there now?

Back