My 3 month old 180 gallon reef

aquatix

Here it is, I'd love your thoughts... I can't seem to keep the temparature under 80 as it gets very hot in the stand, despite 2 fans. You'll see I have insulation in the back, so it's hard for cool air to get in the stand. My house is 79 degrees but it's 105 outside. I keep the top lids off but still can't get the temp below 80. I need to get some cool house air in the stand, any suggestions?

The strange part is that my AC JR says 81.5 but I have 4 petsmart/lfs crappy ones, 3 of which read 79/80 and one of which reads 81/82... so I don't know what's going on.

Also, suggestions as to the best anemone for the tank raised perculas?

Specs:
180 gallon tank
90 gallon sump
Warner Marine AS200 skimmer
T5 retro kit 8x39w bulbs blue and white
Aquacontroller Jr with temp and ph probs
return pump = eheim 1262
2 Tunze 6125 power heads
200 lbs of live rock
UV sterilizer
ATO system

Inhabitants:
Coral - two mushroom rock, two feather dusters, torch coral, blue clam, flower pot, gorgonian and a leather coral
Fish - Emperor Angel (i know this is risky, but he's done well so far), yellow tang, blue regal tang, powder blue tang, 2 tank raised perculas, flame angel and a cleaner shrimp

Forgive the pic quality, they were taken with my iphone :(

frontwide.jpg

frontclosemiddle.jpg

frontcloseright.jpg

fromleftside.jpg

sumpleft.jpg

sumpright.jpg

sumpcontrols.jpg

Tank looks good...if it makes you feel better I have a 7 to 8 inch long (adult colored) emperor in my reef tank, he has yet to touch anything. I feed my fish 4 to 5 times a day(very small amounts).

As far as your temp problem I wouldnt be to concerned about your temp being above 80. My tank consistantly runs 81-82 degrees in the summer....then drops back down to 78 79 in winter/fall. You should worry more about drastic temp swings.

Back