My 55 gal... lots of Pics

I had a Jaw fish (Jaws) who was a great fish with loads of personality and fun to watch. Unfortunatly, we had a tropical storm come by and sit over us for about 2-3 days during which we lost power for like 12 hours (which I was not prepared for). Jaws decided to try to find a new home and jumped out of the tank in the middle of the night. RIP Jaws

DSCF1432.jpg

DSCF1510.jpg

DSCF1424.jpg

Yellow Tang, yeah I know tang + 55 gal = Tang Police. Whatever, the fish is fine and healthy not agressive, get over it.

DSCF1712.jpg

The tank has been setup for a year and a half the first FTS is probably 6 months in.

thanks everyone for the kind words

55g tanks are tough to scape because of their 12" depth, but yours looks great. Can you tell us more about your equipment, maintenance, dosing?

Props on the great looking 55 gal. I wish mine lasted long enough to look as nice as yours. Keep up the good work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14233062#post14233062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pito
55g tanks are tough to scape because of their 12" depth, but yours looks great. Can you tell us more about your equipment, maintenance, dosing?

I agree about the depth but I guess you just have to work with what you've got.

Sweet, a question. As far as my equipment goes I have a EuroReef RS80 skimmer in my 20 gal sump/ refugium with a mag 5 return pump. The plumbing in the pic is not accurate I had to go with a thicker PVC so my pump would not be too restricted.
tankpic1.jpg

My sump/ refugium has some LR and Chetomorpha but no sand (not for particular reason just didn't put it in). Here is an old pic of fuge I changed out the cheto. The thin cheto has done a lot better for me than the thicker stuff.
DSCF1599-1.jpg

As far as water movement in the DT I have 2 Hydor Koralia 3's (which I love and would recomend to anyone). I started out with just one but was having dead zones where the water wasn't moving, but after I added the second one flow is great. I like to move their direction every once in a while just to shake stuff up a little. I also have a "Two Little Fishies" PhosBan Reactor 150 which is runinng Pura complete its done OK for me but it the only thing I have run in it I will try other products soon.

I have an SOS overflow box which I hate. It hasn't failed on me but if I didn't keep a close eye on it I think it would have. I filled the front part up with LR rubble so the bubbles don't fill the U tube.

Skerp- thx
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14234062#post14234062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by calli
LOVE THE TANG COMMENT... LOL Tank looks good..

Yeah I figured I do a little preemptive strike.

Oh yeah almost forgot dosing (typical, I always almost forget dosing) I dose two part from Oceans blend, I like it.

Back