my anenome is being an enemy.

vijaym85

How do I get my bubble tip to stay put. I just got it today, and I tried to box it in with a bunch of live rock to prevent is from moving about the tank. Well a few hours later it escaped the rock and went in between my reef wall and is seeming to come out of the wall . Thank god it did not go all the way to the back of the tank or I would be dismantaling the whole reef wall as we speak. But anyway how do i help it choose a spot. Should I reduce my flow. I have yet to turn on my tank lights over where it is, to allow it to adjust first. Been in the tank about 5hours now.

Turn your flow off for a bit, and then turn it on, but way down---let it calm down and then get a notion where the currents run, but not get blasted by them. Anemone-settling is an artform. They never go where you want them, but you can possibly get them to go where they're tolerable. It may not like the lighting, either.

It takes time, let it do its thing for a while. Even after it fine a spot, it may keep moving around for a better spot. They seem like they can't make up their mind.

An anemone is going to go where it wants. You just as well wrap your ming around that. Something that worked for me, I bought a small RBTA and placed him in a ring cut from PVC:

DSCF0626.jpg

This worked for about a month until he outgrew his space and got acclimated to the light. He then moved up the rock closer to the light.

Good luck

Mike

Back