My aquascape

kraze3

I like it.
Are the pieces on the rigth hand side secure? You dont want fish or snails knocking them over.

MrMoses

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14796724#post14796724 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kraze3
I like it.
Are the pieces on the rigth hand side secure? You dont want fish or snails knocking them over.

They passed my push down test. I could always use some sort of adhesive. Any suggestions on a brand?

HookedonReef17

nice looking set up. How many lbs? I've been lucky i guess i've never had to use Adhesive yet. I've always done a sort of push down test of my own and i also have a deep sand bed which helps me out also.

stricknine

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

stricknine

Looks good, Im a fan of no glue if you dont have to. I find I always need t move things around for one reason or another, drop a frag, clean something out, etc. For a starter tank??, looks awesome! My 72 is round 2!

Not sure what kind of light is on there now, but you now have a bit of a choice to keep the lights on and preserve the algae, or keep it dark and get rid of it. I mail ordered tonga with the same sort of growth, tough decision.

Very nice.

alextheromanian

Be careful with the EPOXY!

i always thought it would be this magic adhesive that would solve my problems.

after a year of being in the hobby i bought it to secure some rock and i have to tell you it doesnt stick to wet stuff...youre instructed to make sure you push it down hard on the rock so that it goes into the pores...i did so and now when i moved them i realized that the stuff dried into a rock hard slab and it didnt adhere the rocks together.

tried zip ties too...and they show and it looks ugly.

just make sure they are positioned well you should be fine : )

i do like the scaping by the way

joeychitwood

Schrodinger's ***
Staff member
RC Mod
I like the coral head appearance. The traditional rock wall is so common that it's nice to see a different design. Nice work.

MrMoses

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14796975#post14796975 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HookedonReef17
nice looking set up. How many lbs? I've been lucky i guess i've never had to use Adhesive yet. I've always done a sort of push down test of my own and i also have a deep sand bed which helps me out also.

That would be 60 pounds.

boomer135

notto hijack but I have the same tank w/ 140lbs here is how I did the arrangement...I do like the eay you did yours also!

scape-1.jpg

Plankt0s

Premium Member
I always wonder when people say that the have a type of rock... Vanuatu, tonga, kaelaean, they all look similar to me. I know there is a difference between fuiji, tonga, and marshall but where are all of these others really coming from. BTW I like your aquascape, now to add corals... thats the fun part.

MrMoses

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14803588#post14803588 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by biowerks
I always wonder when people say that the have a type of rock... Vanuatu, tonga, kaelaean, they all look similar to me. I know there is a difference between fuiji, tonga, and marshall but where are all of these others really coming from. BTW I like your aquascape, now to add corals... thats the fun part.

These rocks were more slender in shape and had a wider variety of color. It is hard to see in the pictures because I was using an iphone to take the pictures so it didn't turn out very well. vanuatu us an island in the pacific. Sometimes you will see fish from the area.