My clown likes a clean tank

Fishfish0001

I was cleaning my tank today and my clownfish decided to help me out. Every little shell or rock I would try to move, he would pick up and move it somewhere else. Kinda cool :)

He also tried "cleaning" the urchin. But that failed pretty quickly.

Anyone else have a clown that does stuff like this?

One of my clowns (male, false perc) attacks the magnet when I'm cleaning the glass. He really goes after it and sometimes bounces off it. It started around the time the clowns were warming up to the anenome, when the magnet went toward the anenome he would attack! Then I lost the anenome (thanks stealth pro 200!) but he still does it. I suppose he's protecting the female...funny stuff since I stopped worrying about him hurting himself.

my female occ. wont let me put anything near her hammer coral. shes knocked down my maxima clam like five times, and i was forced to move it.

Ditto. Put a new maxi next to my clowns' area, it got tail slapped away within minutes. They usually only help in attacking my hand when I'm servicing the tank. Luckily, no blood drawn yet.

my clowns are silly like that. they move sand around constantly. if there is sand on the anemone, they pick it off and spit it out. they also tailbrush sand away from under the anemone and pick pieces up in their mouths and spit them in another area. totally strange to watch but fun!

I was cleaning my tank today and my clownfish decided to help me out. Every little shell or rock I would try to move, he would pick up and move it somewhere else. Kinda cool :)

He also tried "cleaning" the urchin. But that failed pretty quickly.

Anyone else have a clown that does stuff like this?

that's just awesome!
yeah i have a maroon clown that eats from my hands, and he likes to dust the sand a bit here and there... they are a trip!

My Maroon is an all around a-hole, but I thought this was pretty cute. Then again, she was probably just trying to mess up my work. Right after I finished she decided I have rearranged to much sand. Oh hi Mr. Sandstorm.

Back