My DIY $50 nonelectric ATO -

I run gravity fed for years ;utilizing a float valve used in furnace humidifiers ($7) a 3 gallon bucket which i recently changed out to a larger salt bucket. The only issue i have have is if i let the bucket run out, air gets into the 1/4 line and can take a while to be push through and allow water to flow. (most common problem i have with it) I run kalwasser from the bucket which require me to make sure line don't get clogged if to much kalwasser makes it into the bucket over time.
I also try to clean he float valve at least once or twice per year.
I can likely fix the air in line problem by having a T to allow air to vent out. ( still thinking on that as not sure if it will cause other issues).
So far for the last 5 years or so been happy with the system.

I think if it T'd just before the valve, and the air line was tall enough to be above the water bucket it would work just fine.

perfect setup i just went and picked every thing up from my pipe supplier total cost $22.50 (i had the 7 gal container) ps cheapest eshopps ato valve i found was $30.00 at marine depot if any one knows of a cheaper place let me know,they have a good warranty vs mine

Back