my dog is going NUTS from my oceans motion 4 way

moon jelly

My 4 way has been acting up lately. Sometimes it makes a loud klunking noise. One of my dogs is freaking out from the noise. She is restless, panting alot, and even knocking over a gate that she is deathly afraid of just to be in the same room with me.

I turned off the 4 way and will work on it tomorrow. Now I hope my dog and I can get some :sleep: !

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15542288#post15542288 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JPSKI25
A couple beers and a few Tylenol PM's and the dog will be sleeping like a baby!

Not to be anal, but never use any acetaminophen w/ alcohol product unless you don't like your liver or living. People commit suicide by using alcohol and Tylenol. Use aspirin or ibuprofen.

Now back to sand in Juggy's thingy.

the clicking noise that you are hearing is the top of the insert is starting to wear away and show the magnets inside....its been 4yrs using my 4-way and im on my 3rd insert! probably its only flaw IMO.
order a new one directly from OM....they are about $35.

HTH.
Rich K.

Rich-You are absolutely right! I just got off the phone with Paul from OM. He was really helpful, talked me through taking apart my 4 way step by step, had me trouble shoot and has the patience of a saint! I can see 4 of the 8 magnets on that top hat. One is sticking pretty high up. Maybe I should order 2 of them to have a spare?

I have the OM running without the drum so that I have flow in my tank until I receive my parts.

My dog and I should have a much more restful sleep tonight! :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15542566#post15542566 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BenjieC
Not to be anal, but never use any acetaminophen w/ alcohol product unless you don't like your liver or living. People commit suicide by using alcohol and Tylenol. Use aspirin or ibuprofen.

Now back to sand in Juggy's thingy.

Benjie-you are so right about tylenol. I hate tylenol. Besides not working well for pain relief for me, liver damage can occur by taking large amounts even without alcohol! Most people don't realize this. I'm glad the government to trying to put a limit on the dosage that you can buy over the counter.

Now back to my thingy. I wish it was just sand in there (see above post). It would be less expensive to get out then buying new parts:eek2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15542288#post15542288 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JPSKI25

I'm the one who will have a few beers tonight! Since I slept like a contortionist last night with the 2 dogs in bed with me, I now have a crick in my neck and low back pain.:lol: :lol:

Jon-thanks for the offer however I was able to get it done by myself. However, if you want to stop by for a visit, feel free:)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15544758#post15544758 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pufferpunk
My last pup was severly noise phobic. I'm pretty sure that's what killed her. :(

Puffy-I could see how that would happen. Besides firecrackers, my dog didn't have much of an issue with noise. When the klunking of the 4-way occured I that she was going to have a heart attack.

BTW, today she slept all day long. Probably the best sleep she had in the last couple of days. :)

acetaminophen + dog = huge vet bill, or a dead dog... sometimes both.

She died from enlarged heart that developed into congestive heart failure at the young age of 11 (her breed liveed 16-18).It started by bringing her for some shooting at 6 months in Georgia. I think that ruined her for life. By the time she was an adult, if you dropped a spoon on the floor, she'd run into the basement for the rest of the day. Thunderstorms & fireworks, she'd be down there for days & during the event, she'd shake violently, pee & poo over herself, she'd be drooling & her eyes would be rolled in the back of her head. Poor thing!

puffer that sounds awful. I though my cocker spaniel was a spaz when it comes to noise. He just runs to his create and pee's.

Moon Jelly-Do you still have the hitchhiker crab you came to pick up last summer? the Brown and white striped one

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15550123#post15550123 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Carriegiesler
puffer that sounds awful. I though my cocker spaniel was a spaz when it comes to noise. He just runs to his create and pee's.

Moon Jelly-Do you still have the hitchhiker crab you came to pick up last summer? the Brown and white striped one

Unfortunately, he died 2 months ago. :( The whelk is still alive though:)

I was at jelly's lastnight. It was quiet but spastic
dog kept bumping my elbow trying to spill my
beer, and Maria kept offering me Tylenol

I know your liver better. I would never offer you tylenol (unless I want to see you look like a lemon peel angel fish) :lol:

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15550417#post15550417 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pufferpunk
The whelk I had ate 1/2 my tank!

Puffy-I keep the whelk in my "bad crab" tank. I have a 5 gallon that I keep other peoples unwanted hitchhikers;)

It was one of the coolest creatures I've kept though & beautiful too. I had it FS on consignment at Coral Reef for months--we called him "Speedy". Folks would always ask to watch him race across the tank for some food.

Back