My female Mandarin fish is mean to male Mandarin

AMF

I have had Stinky(2 years) my male Mandarin about 2 weeks ago I got a little female Mandie they seemed to be doing just fine but in the last few days I have noticed that he looks like someone has run him threw the ringer and then noticed her chaseing him all around the tank..........Should I take her back to the pet store or is this norm?:confused:

sounds like spawning but usually it's the male who is the aggressor and often will rip the lips off the female tugging her around the tank.

kc

She may kill him. I don't get the size of tank here, but if it's not about 100g, it may be too small for them to breed without hazard.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9878556#post9878556 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sk8r
She may kill him. I don't get the size of tank here, but if it's not about 100g, it may be too small for them to breed without hazard.

they require minimal room to spawn, they could well do it in a 10g tank, their 'dance' is only about a 6" circumference :rolleyes:

kc

ok everyone thanks for all your input .....I took her back to the LFS today and now Stinky my male is out and swimming around the tank again with a big smile on his face LOL :)

Back