My First LED & ARDUINO Build 55 Gallon

bgifford

Just wanted to quickly share my first LED & ARDUINO BUILD.

I ordered the 36 led ultra premium kit from rapidled.com

• 2:1 ratio (24)royal blue to (12)white
    PWM drivers
    80 degree lenses
    Arduino Uno
    (3) 10k potentiometers
    breadboard
a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>
a>
a>

Thanks guys, I'll put together a little website using google sites with all the details so that all the information is in one central location. I can't stand searching through forums for pieces of peoples builds; I always end up reading tons of random comments trying to find the meat of the build.

My First LED & ARDUINO Build 55 Gallon

Thanks guys, I'll put together a little website using google sites with all the details so that all the information is in one central location. I can't stand searching through forums for pieces of peoples builds; I always end up reading tons of random comments trying to find the meat of the build.

Are you going with programming to do your dimming/sunrise/sunset or are you doing it all manually? Looks nice. Why did you decide to go with spread instead of clusters on the LED lights? I have seen people who do both clusters and across the whole lenght.

KEEP IT SIMPLE- Your not an engineer with Capital~!

KEEP IT SIMPLE- Your not an engineer with Capital~!

Are you going with programming to do your dimming/sunrise/sunset or are you doing it all manually? Looks nice. Why did you decide to go with spread instead of clusters on the LED lights? I have seen people who do both clusters and across the whole lenght.

I'm a pre-med student in my senior year at ASU studying biochem and business for my undergrad. I don't have much time/money between 15 credit hours, internship, work, and volunteering and so this really played into account with this weekend LED build.

I went with the spread because it was cheap and easy. The 8' aluminum bar was $20 at homedepot and turned out to work fast and simple. After drilling 72 holes to mount the leds, I was more than happy that I didn't try to group them together or get creative with hiding the wires. You could get all crazy with designing clusters- trying to fit them nicely, adjusting them with the proper lenses, etc. Without any proven research and scientific data on the matter, it will really just suck your time and money from you. DONT DO IT!

The bars handle the heat just fine. I went with 2:1 ratio b/c I read a forum about some guys opinion. I wish I wold have done a 1:1 ratio of blue to white and just used my dimmers or programming to adjust the color. The blue is too powerful in my case with a 2:1 ratio.

Looks good! I would get those power strips off the floor. Get them hung up in an area where they won't be dripped on or flooded. JMTC & GL!

nice led strip build... planning to build something similar to replace the PC lights in my Orbit fixture.

Back