My first saltwater tank!!

Corie1284

Hi all! New here, and to saltwater! Got this guy up and running on Sunday. So so excited. It’s a 32 gallon Fluval flex. Used live sand, and about 20th of dry rock and 12th s live wet rock. I’ve also been dosing with bacteria that the LFS yellow told me was good, I believe it’s called Nite Out. Any advice is welcome and greatly encouraged! Looking forward to this journey and learning from those who are passionate about this hobby! Thanks in advance for reading!
E3AB704E-30B7-4398-8328-272309CA4396.jpeg

Lots of useful info here

Welcome. Looking good so far!

The only thing I may be concerned with is how close the powerhead is to the surface. May want to consider lowering it a small amount so it doesn’t suck in air creating microbubbles

Welcome. Looking good so far!

The only thing I may be concerned with is how close the powerhead is to the surface. May want to consider lowering it a small amount so it doesn’t suck in air creating microbubbles
Thank you!!! I’ll shimmy it down! How far down should it be??

Thank you!!! I’ll shimmy it down! How far down should it be??
That depends on the powerhead, mine I have to have about 2 inches from the surface (but they’re pushing about 2000 GPH) and they still suck some air on occasion. It’s mainly a trial and error thing

well done buds off to a great start. lots of priceless information here on RC enjoy and remember lots of pictures. or we will piss in your tank lol

well i wont someone will lol

Back