My goofy clownies who host with a powerhead have laid eggs on it!

areucrazy

My clownies have been offered a rose bubble tip and several other anemones and even the current giant carpet and NEVER any interest in hosing with anything but the power heads. :wildone: Today I discovered a bunch of eggs. Here is a pic

picture.php

lol thats pretty ridiculous. Do they ever try to bring it food like they would for an anemone? I have a clarkii that thought it was a good idea to host a rhodactis lol

Why is everything in your tank always doing the horizontal mamba? Next thing you know your rocks are going to start reproducing. Play some Berry White during sundown and film it for me would ya?

Why is everything in your tank always doing the horizontal mamba? Next thing you know your rocks are going to start reproducing. Play some Berry White during sundown and film it for me would ya?

I know right! LOL... Thats why the screen name areucrazy fits me so well. :spin2:

Maybe if you teach your Anemone to hummmm :wildone:

That's a nice tightly packed set of eggs!

I need an anemone/clownie whisperer..... :lol2:

wonder how that will work when they hatch..... could be messy

I hope the little babies hatch when the power head is off due to the wavemaker. They will have a 2 minute window between the cycles. I only have a few fish so I hope they all hatch and dont get eaten. They should be small enough to hopefully just get pushed thru the powerhead and not diced up. Do all fish like to eat babies?

lol thats pretty ridiculous. Do they ever try to bring it food like they would for an anemone? I have a clarkii that thought it was a good idea to host a rhodactis lol

:lol2: that would be funny! None of you would believe it either without video as proof. I havent seen the clownies try to feed the powerhead...but I havent really looked for that either....hhhmmm another thing to "WATCH" :lol2:
How long does it take for eggs to hatch? Do they do it all at once basically??? or over a couple days? I guess if I have an idea of time schedule I can shut off that powerhead to be safe for the little guys..

That's awesome! makes it easy if you want to raise them, you could easily take the powerhead out and put it in a smaller tank.

That's awesome! makes it easy if you want to raise them, you could easily take the powerhead out and put it in a smaller tank.

Ya know ..... I could...... but wont that upset my clownies? Or do they eat their own babies?? And wont I need special tiny food and stuff? I have alot on my to-do list these days and setting up another tank and babysitting seems like more work! LOL... But it would be neat to see them all grow up.

Ya know ..... I could...... but wont that upset my clownies? Or do they eat their own babies?? And wont I need special tiny food and stuff? I have alot on my to-do list these days and setting up another tank and babysitting seems like more work! LOL... But it would be neat to see them all grow up.

they will eat them if they feel they are in danger. it is quite a bit of work from what i understand.

Back