My hermit crab ran off with some coral

NoxAeternus

Hi all,

The other day I was taking inventory of my tank to see how things were doing, and I noticed that some corals I had were completely missing. After looking around the tank, I saw that they were moving.

When I got these mushroom corals from my LFS, they were attached to a shell. I did not attach or glue these down to my live rock since I didn't want to take it all out of the tank. So I set it down on a 'cliff' I had.

It seems that the hermit crab hijacked the shell these corals were attached to. Are these corals in danger because they're being dragged around the tank?

Is there a way I can lure the crab out of this shell so he abandons it? If he does, is there something I can fill the shell with so another crab doesn't steal it?

Thanks

it's a mushroom? just rip them off the shell and stick it somewhere else. they're almost impossible to kill. pretty funny story though.

i have a similar thing, but its milipora living on a snail. he keeps leaving the tank and nearly killing it, but it seems to be recovering. im thinking about killing the snail and glueing it down ( i got hermits too :D ). kinda funny tho.

Back