My jebao wp-25 stopped working?

tomreefer

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot these? I bought a Apex Jebao controller as I thought perhaps controller is bad. However, still nothing

You need to contact the seller and they should return it depending on age you can't go to the manufacturer direct they won't help you
As for being crap I have three of them plus a return and my tank looks great haven't had any problems cheap does not equal junk as expensive does not equal quality
Hope this helps

How old is it? Mine need cleaning every few months. I would take apart and soak in vinegar, give a scrub if you haven't already..

that's why i went with my MP10 after i realized my hydor koralias weren't enough (which are still going strong).

you get what you pay for...

I have had no problems with my wp25, had over a year. I don't find you get what you pay for type posts helpful at all or what the op was asking..

I have a similar issue. I use the RKE and DCI interface to control my WP25. It did stop working recently. I did soak it in vinegar and ran it in a bucket continuously. It ran fine. Then I put back in my tank and *** it made 2 pulses and stopped. I stuck something in to move the propeller and it did a few cycles and stopped again. I think the magnet in the pump got weak?? Well i changed my controller to very the speed "else" mode rather than shut it off and on as a wavemaker. So far so good.

I bought two wp25 and a twin controller 6 months ago for 135 dollars and they are running great. Not knowing what to expect I can still purchase 3 more replacement wp25s (pump only) before I spend as much as I would have on 1 mp10. Also I love that I can point them in almost any direction. I really think they are not an apple to apples comparison two different products that happen to accomplish the same task of moving water. If I can get 2 years out of my original purchase I will be extremely satisfied with the value of the jebao

Last edited:
I would start by cleaning them. There are videos on youtube on how to clean them. The screens come off with a twist then you can pull the impeller out to scrub it well.

Mine have been running (with an APEX Jebao adapter) for 3.5 months. I first cleaned them in late February, and I'm planning to clean them every 2 months from now on as well.

I had 2 wp25's one lasted two years the other is now in my quarantine tank and still chugging along. I now have 2 rw-15's in my DT. If you want a better pump from jebao you should look at the RW line. They have much better build quality than the WP series. when you get down to it though 50$ for two years of non stop service is pretty good in my book.

Back