my live rock

chris31

New member
i had started a tank about a few months back and i have a bunch of live rock in it and thank was quiet a disaster so since i was going to be moving it into my basement when mybasement was finished i just tured off the power to the tank completley and right now its just sitting? will this affect the rock what is it going to do to it? i know its going to kill off any living organisums but will it have and other cons to it?
 

bertoni

Premium Member
The live rock might have picked up a lot of phosphate when the die-off occurred. I'd probably pitch it, but it might be okay. Some people would do an acid bath to clean it, but the acid is a fairly hazardous chemical.
 
Top