My new and first pms

sjt6494

mantis1.jpg

I was wondering how long will it be for her to be comfortable enough where she will come out of her hiding spot..she never comes out.

1. Pictures don't work

2. There is no way that anyone can predict how your mantis will act. It's like trying to put a garantee on how the weather is going to turn out precise to the second for the whole of next century. And if it was possible to make a fairly accurate guess, it's pretty hard when the information you've given us = nil. You would have to tell us everything from how many seconds it shows its head every day, how it reacts when it sees you, whether you have a cat or dog that likes to stick its ugly mug up to the tank to investigate, whether there are aggressive fish in the tank intimidating the mantis etc.

just saying

For 1 it has its own tank 2 my cats don't know there and even if they did they can't see its to high.it eats what I give her.I sometimes feed it squid strips and some snails. I am just wondering how active it will be it don't come out of its den to much.

personallity vary between individuals
shell come out when shes hungry and when she does make sure to feed so she associates coming out with food

shell probably come around, peacocks are usually very active

LOL PMS means peacock mantis shrimp!

-_- funny

Around what time are you home around the tank? Maybe she comes out but your schedule just doesn't let you run into her. If you're staring at the tank at midnight then obviously she's not gonna be out...but if you're talking early evening or the afternoon that's different too...

Well I have only had her for a week..I get home from work at 6 turn on both tanks lights till 11pm she don't come out at all..she poked her head out a few times when I put some ghost shrimp in to feed her. I guess she is just a bit shy.

ok well i am currently changing her light schedule starting at 7 am to whenever i decide to go to bed and shut the lights off....

Back