My new aquascaping

luvreefs23

old:

new90pix071.jpg

New:

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

btw, whats the easiest way to mount frags of coral? My lfs has those little peg looking pieces and are easy to epoxy to the rock if u have a nice crevice or drill out a hole for em. Problem is u cant tear yer rock apart everytime u buy a frag to drill holes for it. Plus the epoxy sux to use, always have a hard time getting it to stick...anything else out there i should look for to make coral attachment easier?

Thanks

Lots of people use gel super glue. Make sure it's gel! And as far as the peg, i clip that part off with cutting pliers. then just glue down the flat disk.

Last edited:
lol, yeah im pretty sure its safe. Most of it interlocked very well, i always do the try to wiggle it test after i put every rock on top of one another. Some of the more topple prone pieces were epoxyed.

Looks good. I hope it's stable;)

Superglue gel works well... But I still wind up with problem corals from time to time;)

It looks good but my advice is go to a LFS find rubble pieces of dead rock ( or liverock) and put them in between the rocks and some of the gaps it will make it looks nicer and more natural.

Clean tank and nice aquascape!

about the frag plugs, as mentioned above you can cut off that protruding piece, but me personally I remove the entire plug because it looks unnatural. I glue the coral itself to my rockwork.

wow, now that does look great, quite a way to stack the rocks, it just seems they will fall any sec, but they dont

Back