My New Baby. 110 Reef Savvy

Reef Ready. I was curious why you chose a glass holes overflow instead of having the manufacturer build one in.

ahh got ya. I didn't chose it. I bought the tank used. That said it may be the one Reef Savvy install with all their tanks. I don't know for sure.

I thought it was new. I think they would install a bottom drilled overflow if they did, but I don't know either. I don't know much about RS tanks.

I thought it was new. I think they would install a bottom drilled overflow if they did, but I don't know either. I don't know much about RS tanks.

Reef Savvy offers several overflow options including internal, external, glass holes and then I think they can do others as well but not sure. Anyway, when you order a tank, you specify the type of overflow you would like.

I would rather have a built-in one but it is what it is.

The good thing about a glass holes or external oveflow though is that you gain real estate within your tank for aquascaping. I actually like these solutions. You don't have to arrange your rock and corals around the overflow compartment.

Back