My new office tank!

Damon.Webb22

So whilst out shopping for a float valve at a local fish store (Marine Solutions) I found a deal I could not pass up. I am the new proud owner of this!

cubeyTank_01_zpsb97f28c8.jpg

It is a JBJ Cubey 3g nano aquarium. I am not in the office a lot and do not have tons of space so this is PERFECT! That and it was too good to pass up.

Now you all can give me ideas of what to do with it! I have my own but am always open to suggestions!

I was thinking of a small chunk of liverock wth a small RBTA and a dragonet or something small with a snail or two or three. That or a few zoas and dragonet and another small piece of coral. Not totally sure but I have BIG plans!

You may want to rethink the dragonette if you are talking about the same thing as the mandarin dragonettes. They need a lot of liverock to forage on.

You should stay away from anything that lives on pods. AKA dragonettes

+1 to a pistol shrimp goby combo.

Ok, maybe it was not a dragonet I was thinking of. I think Marine Solutions had one in stock. It is like 1 inch long and white and red...

Wondering when you would chime in lol.

Is a RBTA a bad choice for a super small tank? I have wanted one of these but was leery of putting it in my 40g tank for fear it would start killing things. Thought this would be a good opportunity.

I personally wouldn't put any fish in a 3 gallon tank. Rbta need strong lights and not sure those would work long term.

I personally wouldn't put any fish in a 3 gallon tank. Rbta need strong lights and not sure those would work long term.

The lights seem pretty bright and as it is so small I didn't think it would need TONS of light to get some good PAR on it. I can post pics when I get the tank to the office tomorrow as far as lighting is concerned. The lights are 3 channels one white, one blue, and one red and all LED.

How about a Barnacle bleeny? They are very small and if you have never seen them eat, they are lighting fast. You could also add a few sexy shrimp for some variety.

The problem with draginetts is not the size it's what they eat. You would need tons and tons of pods to sustain one.

The zoa garden with the goby shrimp combo sounds like a viable idea.

You mentioned your not in the office much. Are you there every day? A system like this will need topping off daily to reduce swings. Just something to keep in mind.

Newbies with 3 gallon tanks equals disaster. Take it back and buy something else;)

Back