My New SPS Reef

Denadai

Hi Guys,

I´m going to a new setup and will be just for SPS again

I choose something small because is easy to keep and cheaper

The size is 40 x 16 x 18. I already had the layout in my head and my live rock are already ready to go in the main display

aquarioq.jpg

The Setup :

Skimmer Bubble King 180, this skimmer is small , just like my sump

bk1v.jpg

bk2h.jpg

Easy to clean the neck :

bk3q.jpg

Again I´m going with SunPower ATI, 6 x 39W. You can´t go wrong with this lighting

atii.jpg

ati1.jpg

For flow, I´m going with 2 x nano tunzes, one 6025 and one 6045 plus the return.

Some stuff that I also bought :

76835483.jpg

parnp.jpg

Everything is ready to go :

canos.jpg

I will use the rk just for time function and control temperature

12047489.jpg

65083981.jpg

99611498.jpg

I think that in a couple of days everthing will be ready and my new reef running.

In this new reef I want something clean, less corals and fishes

Two pictures of my last two tanks....now is just pics , and good memories :

reef1.jpg

nano1e.jpg

Thank you guys :thumbsup:

what happened to your other tank?

The first one I lost almost everthing for AEFW

The second one, was a nano and I want something bigger now, this nano was cool but is very small and corals like SPS grow out the tank very quickly

Best Regards

Hi Guys,

I´m going to a new setup and will be just for SPS again

I choose something small because is easy to keep and cheaper

The size is 40 x 16 x 18. I already had the layout in my head and my live rock are already ready to go in the main display

aquarioq.jpg

The Setup :

Skimmer Bubble King 180, this skimmer is small , just like my sump

bk1v.jpg

bk2h.jpg

Easy to clean the neck :

bk3q.jpg

Again I´m going with SunPower ATI, 6 x 39W. You can´t go wrong with this lighting

atii.jpg

ati1.jpg

For flow, I´m going with 2 x nano tunzes, one 6025 and one 6045 plus the return.

Some stuff that I also bought :

76835483.jpg

parnp.jpg

Everything is ready to go :

canos.jpg

Hey dude looks like its gonna be a nice setup. Once you get everything running, please let me know how you like the pro-bio pellets. I just bought a fluidized media reactor and the same brand of pellets. I plan on using them on my new tank once it is set up and has finished its nitrification cycle. Thanks! :beer:

ReefJ

Hey dude looks like its gonna be a nice setup. Once you get everything running, please let me know how you like the pro-bio pellets. I just bought a fluidized media reactor and the same brand of pellets. I plan on using them on my new tank once it is set up and has finished its nitrification cycle. Thanks! :beer:

ReefJ

Hi,

I gave the bio pellets to a friend, maybe I will try latter is this reef, but I read good things about bio pellets. So, you let me know if you like :beer:

Best Regards

What happened to your beautiful nano? That was quite possibly my favorite nano tank!

The corals was very big for the nano, and I want now to try something new, a new aquacaspe. I hope I can achieve with this new setup a better and natural aquacaspe

Best Regards

Subscribed. I loved your last tank and just know this one is going to be awesome. I am setting up a similar tank myself with these specs:

28L x 20W x 18H tank with starfire front and left side
6x24watt Ati Sunpower - 4x ATI Blue+, 1x ATI Purple plus & 1x ATI Blue Special
Bubble Magus NAC6 Skimmer

I am going for the minimal coral look, but I as my setup will have a really good skimmer and be Vodka dosed, I'm going to have a school of Blue Chromis!

I havent even ordered my tank. Just have the lights so far! Going to order in the next couple of weeks.

I hope I can get my aquarium next weekend...just waiting

Also before install the reef, I have to paint the walls of my room :hmm5:

Best Regards

Back