My new tank :)

sdharrington

Premium Member
I just wanted to put up a few pics of my new tank. I got my first tank given to me in 2003, and built the stand myself. Needless to say, it was kind of crappy. My 55g acrylic tank was very scratched, and the stand, though sturdy, looked home made. So I've been wanting a new tank since about 2004. I ordered one online 2 years ago, and it arrived with a large crease in the acrylic, and the stand was ugly and too big, and they wouldn't take it back. Then I ordered just a stand, and it arrived broken and they wouldn't take it back. I was so frustrated. I finally saw an ad on craigslist for a new all glass tank (no more scratched up acrylic for me) and noticed it had a gorgeous stand with it. The ad stated the stand was not for sale, but I met Mario, who lived just down the street from me, and he agreed to make another stand for me and sell me the tank. I got a heck of a deal and LOVE my stand. Thanks Mario!!!

I moved all my live rock, added new sand, and kept my fish in a quarantine tank with some copper for 30 days, mostly to give the sand a chance to get "live" and allow all the pods to grow, but also one of my tangs had the occasional ich so I thought I'd kill 2 birds.

I purchased a new sump, set up the plumbing all myself (what a headache - eek), got a new return pump, used my old powerheads, and wha la. A new bigger and much more beautiful tank. Now i just need to set up the auto top off system, and figure out how to hang the lights.

pics

pics

url]
url]

Last edited:
Does anyone know why some of my pics are showing up as links, and others are in the thread? I'm using the RC gallery for image storage.

Thanks for the complements! It's a 90g. I already had a lot of livestock from my old days (the rBTA had been with me 6 years and cloned 6 times, the green tree is about as old, and the yellow leather and pipe organ coral are 4-5 years old. The long polyped leather is 3-4 years old, the mushrooms are of random age. I got about 20 new frags of sps and zoos, and the gorgonian from a club member, Tony. (Thanks Tony!)

Last edited:
The doorhandles are the only thing I kept from my old tank. A friend got them for me originally, I'm not sure where, but there was a shell, a seahorse, and a starfish.

The image doesn't show up because there is a space. there is no space inside the img tag...

Re: pics

Re: pics

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15481867#post15481867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sdharrington
11866aquarium_front_small_aug_09.jpg

11866aquarium_front_small_aug_09.jpg

Get rid of the url code and the spaces in between the and the image link :smokin:

Nice rock work!

Hello Shelly !

You have done a great work, love the aquascape !!
My brother and wife asked me about the door handles, they are unique.
I could help you hang the lights in a couple of weeks, never got back to you on that part. This Sunday I'll go "fishing" for the gobies again; the tank has a really deep sand bed and they made their home by digging.
I'll let you know as soon as I get a hold of them.
See you have a couple black clowns !! my brother just got a pair too from Aquatic Central.

BTW Thanks!

Back