my new toys

indydog1

for my b-day i got the pm bullet 2, and a reeflo snapper for my return. this skimmer rocks! the snapper is a big jump from a mag 9.5 i know it is overkill on my 90, but these get me that much closer to my 220. even though the snapper is small for it, i will make it my cl and move up to a dart, or maybe a hammerhead for return. thanks for looking and sharing in my joy. see me smile :D :D :D

You are really going to want to get the collection container with the auto shut off for the skimmer. Overflow it once and you will know what I am talking about. If you are interested, I have a bullet 2 neck and collection cup from my bullet 2 when I converted it to a bullet 3. I would let you have it for $40. That way your skimmer wouldn't have to be down as long while you are cleaning it.

Just an idea.

Jimmy is right on about using the collection cup with the shut off.
I would have had so many floods without it.
You must have been a very nice boy to get those toys for your birthday................

i am in search of it now sullyman, and i pm'd jjjimmy to see what he has. but heck to have the bells and no whistle is just absurd. dont ya think.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12910828#post12910828 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by indydog1
but heck to have the bells and no whistle is just absurd. dont ya think.
I do. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12910786#post12910786 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sullyman
Jimmy is right on about using the collection cup with the shut off.
I would have had so many floods without it.
You must have been a very nice boy to get those toys for your birthday................

I run my Bullet output into a 5G bucket, once the skimmate hits the level where the tube is, it shuts off automatically. I don't see the need for the fancy collection cup.

really, is it just the fluid pressure that stops the flow? i would love to save the $$$ and put it towards my 220.

it seems if air can't escape it shits it down, the fancy collector just uses a ping pong ball to close out any air once the collection cup rises to the top.

I've seen people make their own with a 5 G bucket, the top and a piece of clear PVC/Acylic tube and ping pong ball.

I just notice that once the end of the exhaist tube gets submerged, nothing else comes out of the skimmer...I've accidentally over adjusted it many times to come back in an hour to see the bucket filled to the end of the tube and bubbling. Never had a flood.

Air needs to escape through that tube off the cup. When it stops flowing, so does the skimmer. Thats the way I am running my bullet. I love the "bells and whistles", but deep down I'm just plain cheap.

thanks to everyone who chimed in. if anyone has the time to send me a pic of how they set it up i would be grateful.

oh yeah, how long did it take to "break in" your bullet?

I think mine took a week or a little less...

Here's two pics, I've since moved the skimmer closer to the tank as it was too far away and the backpressure was causing the level to rise and fall, plus lots of noise.

you can somhow see the exhaust tube leading down to the bucket.

180GInWall4-1-07018.jpg

Back