My newest addition...Pink & Blue Spotted Watchman Goby

Fishy Business

He is a Cryptocentrus leptocephals. I have had him for approx 36 hours now. He is not very social as of yet...but every once in a while, he will pop out. LOVES Prime Reef.

IMG_1036.jpg

Just wanted to show everyone my new buddy. :D

Last edited:
I have one. Had him for about 6 months or so. Hes pretty active and a great fish. We call him the pretty/ugly fish.

beautiful goby... unfortunately in my tank every time i try and add a small goby he ends up being lunch. lol enjoy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7807519#post7807519 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GoblinFish
That looks awesome. Did he start digging his tunnel yet ?

He has found some crevices under some rocks. I havent seen him dig any holes yet.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7807528#post7807528 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SoSa 110
beautiful goby... unfortunately in my tank every time i try and add a small goby he ends up being lunch. lol enjoy

His is actually my largest fish. Well, atleast in length.

I have one just like that, he's pretty! Ours is new also, arent they the ones who hang out with pistol shrimp? I am hoping so as we have afew! How long is yours? ours is 5-6 ".

my p&b watchman was a bully. he constantly ate my crabs and peppermint shrimp and overall had a mean disposition. i don't miss him.

120-2066_IMG.JPG

I had one for 6 months and he was great. He did like to grab snails in his mouth and swim around with them though. Mine loved to sit on my clams and it didn't seem to bother them at all. Day and night he spent swimming around and never hiding. I never had a problem with him and any of my peppermint shrimp or my cleaner shrimps either.

i have had mine for well over a year. he was my second fish, and probably the favorite. he builds tunnels under a certain chunk of LR, and often makes mounds of sand in front of the entrence to the tunnel. he loves frozen shrimps, and any flake i put in there. he also collects empty shells for the cave. :D some times they are not empty, but he doesnt eat the owners of the shell very often.
87014shrimpgobyclose.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7809839#post7809839 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fsuraven
I have one just like that, he's pretty! Ours is new also, arent they the ones who hang out with pistol shrimp? I am hoping so as we have afew! How long is yours? ours is 5-6 ".

About 4.5 - 5 inches.

Mine looks mean but is really a push over. My brittle star evicted him from the first home he built and now my small hippo tang has moved into his second home. The goby seems annoyed at this intrusion but hasn't had the balls to do anything about it. I'm guessing he will soon start construction on yet another home to try to get himself some alone time.

Back