My Newest Addition!

Pufferpunk

This will be coming on Thursday, I can't wait!

RhizotrochusTypus.jpg

Been doing lots of research on this fellow, as it will be the most $$$ I ever spent on a coral.

now THAT is different!!!...nice pick up!
is that photo the actual piece your getting?
would love to see more pix when you get it...:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14149625#post14149625 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by powderbluetangy
i wouldnt say whom your buying it from.. i think its still highly illegal.

Why do you think that? With all of the fuss about this new coral in the hobby and a couple reputable vendors selling them including Roe's Marine I would think that it isnt illegal at all. There have been a bunch of articles and threads about rhizos lately that I have read, I dont remember reading about them being illegal.

Last edited:
i heard it or read it somewhere recently...

theyre shipping these in under the CITES as "Caryophylliina"

if its the japanese variety, im pretty sure all "rhizo's" are still illegal?

Last edited:
FWIW, a CITES listing doesn't necessarily mean it's illegal. Depends if a species is an Appendix I species. Stony corals are CITES II. Pretty much just means that trade in these species is supposed to be monitored. I don't think any marine invertebrates are CITES I yet.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14152671#post14152671 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by little_squid
those prices are sick
Remember squid its only gonna be sick if a reefer keep buying it. U wanna stop this dont buy them. They r nice but I would not spend my money to buy one.

I actually got an amazing deal on mine, even though it is still more than I've ever spent on a coral. those linked above look very small, about 1". Mine is quite large, so I felt it was really worth the price.

I just emailed the seller about what the temp is going to be here tomorrow. I can't believe it won't be frozen solid by the time it gets here, even if the box was lined with heat packs! 20 below tomorrow & that's not windchill!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14153509#post14153509 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pufferpunk
Looks like he's gonna wait until next week to ship.
Thats best IMO. The route between Washington and Chicago this week is going to be rough.

Back